PESHAWAR: The Wildlife Department has issued four permits foe markhor hunting to consultants companies for $342,000 or Rs45.71 million.
The permits were issued after fulfilling the codal formalities of tender opening in a meeting held in the office of Chief Conservator of Wildlife Safdar Ali Shah. Hunting permits were issued for game reserves situated in Chitral and Kohistan.
The permit for Toshi-I Game Reserve, Chitral, was awarded on $91,000 whereas Toshi-II Game Reserve on $90,000. The other two permits for Kohistan including Gehriat Game Reserve and Kayga Game Reserve were sold for $81,000 and $80,000 respectively.
In the previous year Markhor Hunting Permits were sold for $321,000. It merits a mentioned here that 80 per cent of the revenue generated by these permits goes to local communities of the area while remaining 20 per cent of the amount is submitted in the exchequer.