GARAM CHASHMA: Three shops were gutted in a fire at Garam Chashma bazaar on Friday.
The fire erupted in a tailor shop due to electric short circuiting and spread to two nearby shops at noon.
Local people, later joined by police and Chitral Scouts personnel, put out the flames before it could engulf the bazaar.
However, there was no machinery or firefighting staff in the area.
When contacted, PTI member of the provincial assembly Wazirzada promised that he would request Rescue 1122 director to arrange staff and a vehicle for Garam Chashma to meet such emergency incidents.–Sher Jahan Sahil