ISLAMABAD: Following a meeting of the National Coordination Committee (NCC) on Covid-19, ministers Asad Umar, Zafar Mirza, Firdous Ashiq Awan and Noorul Haq Qadri announced key decisions taken during the huddle.
- School closure extended till May 31
- Mosques will remain open; congregations will be in limited numbers
- 21 Covid-19 patients recovered in Pakistan
- By April 10-15, imported ventilators will increase to 1,000, by April 25, this number will rise to 2,000 to 3,000
- No shortage of PPE supplies for healthcare workers by April 5
School closure extended
Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Special Initiatives Asad Umar said that today was the fifth meeting of the NCC.
Among the decisions taken in today’s meeting, Umar announced that the closures of educational institutions across the country would be extended till May 31. He said that Federal Minister for Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mahmood had said that this decision was taken in agreement with all provinces.