BREP: Eight rooms and costly household items were gutted in a fire that erupted in a house in Rahimabd area of Brep early this morning.
Syed Afzal Hussain, the owner, said he was woken up by a sudden splash of fire at about 2am. He said he was hardly able to evacuate his family members, including his infant son.
Mr Hussain, who also own a general store in the local bazaar, said besides the eight-room house he lost valuables worth millions of rupees.
The Mastuj police are investigating the incident. It may be noted that people of Chitral have lost their houses and valuables in house fires most of which were caused by short circuiting due to use of substandard wires.